• Think about YOUR sphere of influence and where the root causes of vulnerability and exploitation may (or may not) be visible.
• From this context, share and comment on our posts, re-tweet our tweets, but most importantly, participate with your voice!
• Share with your friends, family, your local officials (think mayor, police chief, PTA, PEPS).
• Find and donate money or supplies to a local victim services organization. Socks? Underwear? Bedding? Meals?
• Teach your daughters to have self-esteem and self-worth.
• Teach your sons how to treat women and girls with respect.
LEAVING THE LIFE
Leaving the Life is a multi-platform initiative to facilitate a collective action-oriented dialog around the crisis of commercial sexual exploitation of children in the U.S. We are doing this through a unique engagement program leveraging technology, storytelling, participatory media, and community co-design.
We are working with local partners to provide audiences the opportunity to be more than content consumers, to become change-agents themselves.
To learn more about how you can participate, please visit Leaving the Life at:
Filmed with journalistic ethics and integrity, The Long Night shows the lives of its subjects unfold literally before the camera. The film is more than entertainment, it is a broad audience outreach tool. The film is challenging, emotional, and informative.
You can also host a home-screening by purchasing a DVD or BluRay.
If you're looking for something more custom, be it a panel discussion, Q&A with the director, or something else, send us a message.
Tell us where you are and who we can partner with to bring the film to your town. Then, visit our engagement platform, Leaving the Life, to learn more.